Who are our Sambassadors?
Sambassadors are some of our most loyal and dedicated volunteers, committed to taking a leadership role in our organization while spreading the word about our mission and raising funds for our programs. Whether you have benefited directly from a Samfund program as a young adult survivor, have volunteered with The Samfund in the past, or want to get involved with our organization, becoming a Sambassador is a great opportunity to not only impact the lives of young adult survivors across the country, but also develop leadership and advocacy skills that will benefit you in your personal and professional life.
What do Sambassadors do?
Based on your interests and experience, some of the activities in which you may participate include:
● Fundraising and Event Planning: assist with organizing fundraisers in your community; create online fundraising pages for annual campaigns.
● Team Samfund: locate, register and participate in walks/runs and marathons as a team or individual; use our fundraising platform to create personal pages and collect pledges to benefit The Samfund; join forces with other alums and volunteers who wish to run as part of Team Samfund.
● Community Outreach: attend national and regional conferences as a representative of The Samfund to share information and materials with survivors or staff information tables, share helpful resources with our alumni group, raise awareness of The Samfund at local hospitals and treatment centers.
● Social Media: author blog posts for The Samfund website, share your personal story with the media, spread the word to your friends and family about upcoming events and news from The Samfund.
● Other Tasks: from time to time, we may ask Sambassadors for help with miscellaneous projects, such as beta testing a new program idea, participating in focus groups, media opportunities, or thanking donors.
What is required?
● Enthusiasm for The Samfund and our mission!
● Participation in at least three out of four quarterly conference calls with the Sambassador team (Dates will be set in advance)
● 12-month commitment
● Regular access to and responsiveness by email