Fall 2020 Grant Opportunity (Pre-Opening Announcement)
Expect Miracles Foundation is excited to announce the opening of our Samfund Fall 2020 Grant Application on July 15, 2020. The application will be open until August 5th or until the submission max is reached (please see note below). No exceptions or extensions!
For those of you who have applied in the past, we are doing things a little differently this cycle. Because of the immense need in the young adult survivor community, due to the COVID-19 crisis, the following new policies will be in place for this grant cycle:
- Applications will be capped at 250 valid submissions (or the August 5th deadline, whichever comes first). Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept any additional applications after the first 250 valid submissions.
- This grant cycle will be funding one month of rent or mortgage assistance, up to $2,000 per applicant
- To help you complete the application more quickly, we are making the following forms available to you ahead of time. Please click the links below to complete them at your earliest convenience. Please do not mail or email these forms to us. Please hold onto your completed forms, and attach them to your electronic application, before you submit it:
- Medical History Verification form (link)
- For both 2018 and 2019 (unless you have not filed taxes for 2019 yet, in which case you may submit 2017 and 2018), you must provide one of the following:
- Eligibility requirements for the Fall 2020 grant cycle (please note they are slightly different than in previous years):
- Between the ages of 21 and 39 at the time of application
- Resident of the US
- Treatment criteria:
- a) finished with active treatment with no evidence of disease
- b) one year past planned therapy with stable disease, or
- c) In remission and on hormonal therapy (such as Tamoxifen) or in remission and on long-term targeted therapy (such as Gleevec or Herceptin)
- Applicants can only be funded through our main grant program three times. If you received funding from our main grant application three times, you are not eligible to apply. If you were funded in the COVID Emergency grant, or during Spring 2020, you will need to wait until 2021 to apply.
- NEW: Not a financial dependent: financial dependents are not eligible to apply at this time.
- NEW: Applicants must have received their most recent cancer diagnosis within the past five years. Exceptions apply for those who are either receiving disability, appealing a disability claim, or pending approval for disability. Documentation will be required.
- Priority will be given to applicants impacted financially by both cancer and the COVID-19 crisis
Keep an eye out for a “Grants 101” Webinar presentation, which will be linked here before the application is posted, for tips and tricks for submitting the strongest application.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions!